Since ticks are most active from March to mid-May and from mid-August to November, we are approaching that time again it’s extra important to be mindful when we are outdoors!
Here are 7 safety tips for you and your family:
1. Wear long sleeve light-coloured shirts
2. Wear long light-coloured socks you can tuck your pants in to
3. Wear proper running shoes
4. Resist sitting on logs when you get tired. If you can find a place with gravel or wood chips….rest there!
5. Use a repellent that contains Deet
6. Throw your clothes in the hot wash & dryer when you get home to kill any ticks that may have clung onto your clothes
7. Follow-up with a quick tick check
Ticks are attracted to our carbon monoxide and sweat, so when we are active outdoors in areas with tall grass, loose leaves, scrub, bushes, undergrowth, or thicket….we smell like a prime host for them.
Get out there and enjoy your time with your loved ones, just be smart about it!